11. People asking when you’re going to get a boyfriend.
“Oh, I don’t know. Let me pencil that in… Please, do tell me where I’m supposed to pick one of these up. Are they available for a discount at Walmart? If I can’t find one worth a damn there, can we import one?”
12. Feeling desperation sink in.
It happens to us all. Can I get an amen?
13. Being the third wheel.
It happens, even when it’s not supposed to happen. It’s awkward, but what can ya do? You don’t have someone with you, but you can’t just hide away in your apartment until a boyfriend materializes.
14. Being unable to talk about your boyfriend while all your friends talk about theirs.
“My boyfriend does this totally adorbs thing where he doesn’t exist… He does it all the time. Haha!”
15. Having to skip through articles geared at people in relationships.
You can’t help that the advice in those columns don’t apply to your current situation. Do there have to be so many of them, though?!
16. Getting crappy advice from friends.
Just because someone is in a relationship doesn’t mean that they’re actually offering good advice. In fact, most of the time, the advice that you’re given by a taken person is trite garbage that doesn’t actually mean anything.
17. Being asked why you want a relationship.
Not one person actually seems to understand what you’re going through as a perennially single person until it happens to them directly. There’s nothing wrong with wanting a relationship, and yet if you tell this to people, they look at you as if you’re the most desperate human being on the planet.
18. Being asked why you don’t want a relationship.
This is the flip side question to the classic, “Why do you want a relationship so badly anyway?” For some reason, people just can’t accept you being single one way or the other, even if you’re loving it.
19. Having guy friends tell you what a “great girl” you are.
“Really? Then why wouldn’t you date me, a-hole?” They don’t mean to make it sound hurtful, but when guys say that they want a girl just like you, it’s very hard to restrain yourself from cursing them out at times.
20. Having to fend off weirdos.
It’s a lot harder when you don’t have a guy who can beat the snot out of them. Some even ask for proof when you say you have a boyfriend. Argh!