11. The executive producer, Kevin Bright, had written the role of Ross specifically for David Schwimmer, as the two had worked together before.
12. Lisa Kudrow had already been starring in “Mad About You” playing Ursula, a waitress. When they chose her to play Pheobe, they decided to continue her other role, giving her a twin sister who was also a waitress named Ursula.
13. Towards the final season of the show, Jennifer Aniston had become the most well known of the six actors. But, after dealing with marital problems with then-husband, Brad Pitt, she almost didn’t return for the last season.
14. Matthew Perry had to go to rehab twice during the shows run for alcohol and prescription pills.
15. Lisa Kudrow didn’t know how to play guitar and hated having to learn for the role, so she decided to give up taking lessons and talked the producers into writing in the plot line that Phoebe only knew a few chords.
16. The white ceramic dog featured in Chandler and Joey’s apartment was actually a gift given to Jennifer Aniston as “good luck” on the show.
17. Lisa Kudrow thought Chandler’s character was gay during the first few table reads.
18. Matthew Perry starred in the movie “The Whole Nine Yards” with Bruce Willis in between filming seasons. He made a bet with Willis that the movie would open number 1 in the box offices, and won. So, he told Willis he had to come on the show and give all the earnings to charity.
19. Ellen DeGeneres turned down an offer to play Phoebe on the show.
20. Courtney Cox was originally cast as Rachel but wanted to play Monica instead.