Riverdale has become easily one of the most watched shows on The CW in quite some time. The teen drama has everything one needs to be infatuated with a series – love, lust, betrayal, and murder. Much like with Pretty Little Liars, we all love a good murder mystery. But, this show has a classic twist to make it even better – it’s based on our favorite ’50s comic book characters.
30. Riverdale was actually pitched as a movie before it was made into a TV show.
29. The opening credits are the same as that of “Twin Peaks” because the directors wanted to pay homage to David Lynch.
28. Cole Sprouse auditioned for the role of Archie, but, wanted to read for Jughead after realizing that his character would be the narrator and couldn’t be killed off.
27. This is Camila Mendes’ first professional acting job after graduating from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
26. KJ Apa is not a natural redhead. In fact, he’s a brunette and they dyed his hair for the show and had to bleach/dye his hair every two weeks.
25. The show’s shots and the set are used in numerous other shows such as Pretty Little Liars and Heart of Dixie.
24. Madalaine Petsch was brought in to audition for the role of Betty, but casting directors already knew they wanted her to play the role of Cheryl.
23. Archie’s mom is played by Molly Ringwald – who starred in hit ’80s movies such as The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Pretty In Pink.
22. Betty’s mom, Mädchen Amick, also appeared in other teenage TV shows such as Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, and more notably, Twin Peaks.
21. Jughead’s dad, Skeet Ulrich, also appeared in Scream and The Craft.