Deciding to become a teacher, for many, is an easy decision. We want to give back to the community, educate young minds, and build a better tomorrow for future generations. Regardless of the low pay, the endless grading, and the bad attitudes on some kids–we still get up every morning and love what we do.
For some reason, parents, students, and society overall underappreciates teachers–and straight up doesn’t respect us, at all. The long hours we put in, the money we contribute to classrooms, the “vacations” spent doing things for our school–it’s never enough.
20.”It must be really nice getting out of work every day at 3 P.M.”
19. “Wow, I wish I only worked half the year.”
18. “Are you sure you want to be a teacher.”
17. “Isn’t teaching just glorified babysitting?”
16. “You’re lucky you don’t have to sit in an office all day long.”
15. “Teaching is such an easy job.”
14. “Tests are a good way to see if teachers are doing their job right.”
13. “You’re too smart to be a teacher.”
12. “But, my child never does that at home.”
11. “I went to school for 17 years, I’m sure I could be a teacher, too.”