When we were younger, we didn’t always have cell phones that allowed us to talk to everyone we know and love every second of every single day. Instead, we’d have to wait until we got home from school to log-in to MSN messenger or AIM. These bad boys were the foundations of our adolescence and a lot of week-long relationships when we were growing up. To this day, there are things that only MSN kids will understand and remember, bringing back that ~nostalgia~.
1. You would run home from school, or wherever else your parents dragged you, to get online and stalk/chat/message every single person on your “Buddy List.”
2. These two little guys always took way too long because your parents were broke and still used dial-up to get on the internet.
3. Talking to people you had crushes on meant asking for their MSN screennames, not their Instagram handles.
4. You always set your away message or status as song lyrics to represent your “mood.”
5. But, you still had your friends do FBI/CIA work like they do on social media today to make sure your crush didn’t block you.
Asking your friend if someone else was online to check if they had blocked you.
— MSN Memories (@MSNmesenger) January 16, 2015