If you’ve watched Game of Thrones in your lifetime, I’m sure you’re 100% aware that a lot of CGI and editing goes into making each and every episode. Let’s face it—dragons aren’t real and there’s no shot in hell that humans are climbing a giant ice wall as it’s about to collapse (and surviving). Therefore, it takes a lot of hard work and tons of green screens to make an episode of GoT.
While we know it’s all CGI and special effects, seeing the scenes without them makes it just…strange.
1. This is what it really looked like when Tormund was climbing the wall.
2. And, here’s what a Wight looks like IRL.
3. The Night King and his army.
4. Here’s how the direwolves are created on screen.
5. And, here’s how Daenerys took over major cities with her “army.”
6. We all know Dany didn’t really ride a dragon.
7. And, that epic scene where the guys run away from the Army of the Dead, well…
8. Here’s how the crew brought the White Walker to King’s Landing to show Cersei the army was real.
9. And, here’s how they shot the scene in which Dany’s dragon showed up to kill a bunch of warriors.
10. Cersei was never really looking out over acity.
11. And, most of the boat scenes are all CGI.
12. The Army of the Dead didn’t really walk through the snow.
13. And, neither did the Wildings.
14. Grey Worm’s army is not as large as it seems.
15. And, the White Walkers jumped off…a small rock.