Every year, people pay hundreds of dollars to travel to the hot, dry deserts of California to attend Coachella—one of the biggest music festivals in the U.S. While big names attend and headline the show, there are also always big problems that go down. Here are some of the #awkward moments that happened this year—and they’ll make you happy you couldn’t go.
1. Solange had to cancel her set entirely due to “production delays” and fans were not happy.
Due to major production delays, Solange will unfortunately no longer be performing at this year's festival. She sends her sincerest apologies, and looks forward to performing at Coachella in the future.
— Coachella (@coachella) April 8, 2019
2. Justin Bieber and his wife Hailey Baldwin were in attendance during the set of Justin’s ex-girlfriend, Selena Gomez. Did we mention he still has her face tattooed on his body?
WAIT HAILEY & JUSTIN WERE AT COACHELLA WHEN SELENA WAS PERFORMING HAHAHHAHA THATS SO AWKWARD
— ɥɐuuɐɥ (@17blackmgc) April 14, 2019
3. Lizzo’s audio completely went out—but they kept the performance going.
shout out to the back up dancers for Lizzo's #Coachella set…
WHO KEEP DANCING WHEN THE AUDIO BREAKS pic.twitter.com/GQ5LfHwZwW
— ◢ ????? ◣ (@KhailAnonymous) April 15, 2019
4. Kendall Jenner and Jordyn Woods ran into each other and things were #awkward. According to reports, Kendall was purposefully rude to Jordyn.
I find it so shitty that khloe invites tristan to true's party and taking pics and being perf w him meanwhile Kendall is making jordyn feel so uncomfortable she has to get up and leave an event at Coachella
Double fkn standards
— ?? (@rockpaperniall) April 16, 2019
5. Nicki Minaj‘s earpiece didn’t work at all during her performance with Ariana Grande—who headlined the festival. It was…a mess.
Y’ALL KNOW WE STAN ARIANA & NICKI BUT WHAT WAS THIS MESS ? #ARICHELLA pic.twitter.com/uCy3B3lnDB
— joseph ? (@stussyjoseph) April 15, 2019
6. Ariana Grande also reunited *NSYNC for her set—but, Justin Timberlake was nowhere to be found.
Disappointed but not surprised Justin didn’t show up for this *NSYNC reunion at Coachella ?
— syd (@SydneyAldridge) April 15, 2019
7. Apparently, no one could see Ariana during her set anyway, because the lighting was…horrid.
ariana, this lighting pic.twitter.com/LOl1tVD5IV
— a film BY jyndoncé (@jyndonce) April 15, 2019
8. And, fans were furious at H.E.R’s set ran 20 minutes overtime, which cut into Ari’s time on stage.
Ariana stans complaining that h.e.r.’s set is going 20 minutes late #ARICHELLA pic.twitter.com/c33HNfFwgV
— jenna (@jswagzj) April 15, 2019
9. She brought out Diddy at Coachella to pay tribute to a few rappers—including her late ex-boyfriend Mac Miller—but his audio was also messed up, so it sounded like a total bust.
#ARICHELLA: @ArianaGrande brings out @Diddy and Mase at #Coachella to perform ‘Mo Money Mo Problems’ as a tribute to Biggie, 2 Pac, and Mac Miller ❤️ pic.twitter.com/EIqnT878hx
— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) April 15, 2019
10. Vince Staple’s mic also cut out during a performance, but he trucked TF on.
Mic problems didn’t stop the #coachella crowd from going wild for @vincestaples with @billieeilish ? pic.twitter.com/28SdLwuQyl
— billboard (@billboard) April 14, 2019
11. Billie Eilish forgot the words to her own damn song.
.@BillieEilish hilariously forgets the lyrics to her song, “all the good girls go to hell” during her performance at #Coachella. ?? pic.twitter.com/RbrusCzcz9
— Pop Crave (@PopCraveNet) April 14, 2019
12. Kacey Musgraves tried to get the crowd to do a “yeehaw,” but it was a no-go.
i didn’t say- pic.twitter.com/aZQ5k4QnpB
— K A C E Y M U S G R A V E S (@KaceyMusgraves) April 13, 2019
13. Coachella’s crew for the live-stream decided to mute the audience completely, making everything sound…strange.
UNMUTE THE CROWD @coachella THIS SHIT AWKWARD
— bay (@Glossyrnb) April 15, 2019
14. And, the fashion was a hard fail this time around.
Usually I’m all about the #Coachella fashion, but I feel like this year a lot of the looks remind me of Tacky Day in high school for spirit week….
— Alma Gomez (@almasapproach) April 15, 2019
Better luck next year, y’all.