Whenever there’s a televised night in Hollywood and everyone who’s anyone is there, we know there’s going to be a few awkward moments. What would entertainment be if we didn’t get to recap the weirdest, funniest, slip-up moments of the night and break it down in a simple listicle for you beautiful people of the Internet to read? Enjoy.
1. Jennifer Lawrence was too lazy to walk to her seat and instead, climbed over some chairs in a Dior gown.
2. Meryl Streep looked like the fairy God-mother from Shrek.
3. Taraji P. Henson straight up shaded Ryan Seacrest on national television.
Holy shit Taraji just put a curse on Ryan Seacrest ? pic.twitter.com/GSknn3NozF
— Sara Jean Hughes (@sarajeanhughes) March 5, 2018
4. The Oscars cheaped out and forgot to give stars a podium, so most of the awards went on the floor.
5. Kumail Nanjiani threw some shade at Chris Pine before giving a pretty empowering speech.
— FANDOM (@getFANDOM) March 5, 2018
6. This guy couldn’t afford a full tuxedo apparently.
“if ANYONE has seen the rest of my sleeves PLEASE find me after the show” pic.twitter.com/unLPAeEiZg
— josh androsky ? (@ShutUpAndrosky) March 5, 2018
7. Sam Rockwell called a jet ski a “ski jet.”
8. Ansel Elgort got rejected big time.
— Ryan Schocket (@RyanSchocket) March 5, 2018
9. His girlfriend also wore a see-through dress to the Oscars.
— Marie Claire (@marieclaire) March 5, 2018